The word means the art and science of managing forests for desired outcomes. I became fascinated by trees and forests during my work with Catherwood Guitars. It seemed to me as our Luthiers searched for Irish Tonewoods that as a society we had lost an overview of the need to sustain our local trees. I love the outlines of our trees and the landscapes they make. I adopted the word plugging my work with the wood and about the trees into a global need for trees and their habitats mostly because without the continuing work of the silviculturists my work and much of the inspiration for it will cease to exist.
- Ooooh colour May 15, 2018
- Art nerding with my new watercolours. Unwrapping the pans and painting the colour chart. May 13, 2018
- Life gives you lemons? Make art – and gin and tonics ?? #art #gin #perfect May 13, 2018
- A fish called wonder #tbt the first in this series. Just about a year ago, May 10, 2018
- I love the garden at this time of year #springtime #ireland #nofilter #colour May 8, 2018