The word means the art and science of managing forests for desired outcomes. I became fascinated by trees and forests during my work with Catherwood Guitars. It seemed to me as our Luthiers searched for Irish Tonewoods that as a society we had lost an overview of the need to sustain our local trees. I love the outlines of our trees and the landscapes they make. I adopted the word plugging my work with the wood and about the trees into a global need for trees and their habitats mostly because without the continuing work of the silviculturists my work and much of the inspiration for it will cease to exist.
- To colour or not to colour, that is the question. Any thoughts my lovelies? #wip January 26, 2019
- Happy Sunday – Mushrooms and weed, busily busy, work in progress. #makingthingsiwanttoseeintheworld January 20, 2019
- The end of the beginning. The obsession with fish is wearing off 18 months of January 17, 2019
- A bucket of flowers and again with the somewhat obsessive ballpoint pen. ? #watercolour #daggerbrush January 16, 2019
- Patterns – I think my brain dances to these, the delight in visual rhythm and January 15, 2019