The word means the art and science of managing forests for desired outcomes. I became fascinated by trees and forests during my work with Catherwood Guitars. It seemed to me as our Luthiers searched for Irish Tonewoods that as a society we had lost an overview of the need to sustain our local trees. I love the outlines of our trees and the landscapes they make. I adopted the word plugging my work with the wood and about the trees into a global need for trees and their habitats mostly because without the continuing work of the silviculturists my work and much of the inspiration for it will cease to exist.
- Unexpected delights July 13, 2018
- Pyrography Signage June 29, 2018
- New textile designs on the board – loving the vibrant weather and the vibrant flowers. June 28, 2018
- Invisible, indivisible. June 21, 2018
- Then the muse grabs you and gives you a shake. #wip June 19, 2018