The word means the art and science of managing forests for desired outcomes. I became fascinated by trees and forests during my work with Catherwood Guitars. It seemed to me as our Luthiers searched for Irish Tonewoods that as a society we had lost an overview of the need to sustain our local trees. I love the outlines of our trees and the landscapes they make. I adopted the word plugging my work with the wood and about the trees into a global need for trees and their habitats mostly because without the continuing work of the silviculturists my work and much of the inspiration for it will cease to exist.
- ‘Down the eternal stream’ off to @bluedotgeneration exhibition opening this week. Beautifully framed at short September 16, 2018
- These tile and repeating pattern/textile designs from my work are my entry for the #libertyopencall2018 September 15, 2018
- Company and coffee while being creative. #perfectsunday September 10, 2018
- Playing with the new dagger brush. August 30, 2018
- Rise up and shine. August 29, 2018